Sunday, July 8, 2012

Vacation means rest

I really do believe that tubing, boating, sitting outside around a beautiful lake house overlooking a beautiful lake, eating great food, and shopping and being with friends is the best thing ever.

I forgot to take any pictures (which isn't a surprise for me, I really need to take more pictures) but it is SO GREAT and refreshing to be with friends. I'm grateful their family let me come with them and we also stayed with another family in the lake house. Which I am telling you, I could never in a million years imagine having a lake house. I would be in so much HEAVEN! The lake house we stayed in was so amazing and so spacious! I'm going back in August and I WILL be bringing my camera to let you in on all of the awesome fun we really have on the lake. I could live there. For sure.

Now it is back to reality, and I really don't want to go babysitting tomorrow. I babysit Monday-Friday 7:15-5:00, but the boys that I babysit are so sweet and not hard to take care of. Just being at the lake is very relaxing and hard to step away from!

I guess I am excited to be back home and get a good run in. I think I'm going to hit the gym later and score a 6 mile run with some ab work. I got a little teeny tiny bit of running in at the lake but really, that wasn't quite my concern being up there! Now I'm here and booyeah:) Ready to be back going again! I think when you do fun stuff and you are on a vacation, I think running should be one of your last priorities. I guess I run all of the time when I am at home, constantly, and when I am on vacation it's time to get other forms of excersise in like TUBING! :) OR BIKING! :) Or just walking/jogging with your best friend! :) Stay balanced people!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How has your weekend been on a scale to 1-10?
50!!!!!!!!!

Favorite thing to do at the lake?
Tubing! Next time however I'll be using the jet ski for the first time and going to try to wake board!

Favorite thing to EAT at the lake?
Last night Karen & Randy (my friend's parents) made an amazing salad with a balasamic vingarrette. It was so good! But I do also love s'mores:)

Do you run on vacation?
It depends on how long vacation is- but really, no. I'm so busy doing other things! But it's for sure when I get home I do and crank out a good run.




No comments:

Post a Comment