Monday, July 2, 2012

It's hot. And I have a lot to tell you!

First off, it's hot here and my run this morning (10:30 am) kind of stunk.


Today's high is supposed to be 96 but in Iowa you should know that it will feel like 110 degrees by mid afternoon. So my 4 miles felt great but sweaty and SLOW. I wish I could of picked up the pace but I only manged to stay in the 7:30 pace on the trail. And then I went to the gym and did some quick stuff on the treadmill--2 minutes on each of the treadmill's. Here we have 4 treadmills so I got in 8 minutes extra of running time! THEN, I went back outside and cranked another 4 miles on my bike. So I did a total of 9 miles today. Not too shabby. :)

And due to my bad blogging skills, I forgot to tell you that I had a RACE on Saturday and since my boot came off four days prior to the race, I just signed up for the Fun Run. I've never done just a fun run before, and I loved it.

I went there totally not thinking I could be up to race pace but I was. I won (female) a guy passed me towards the end. I'm super happy about it! It's been the past 3 years that I've done that same road race and I've offically won and covered all of the distances each year I ran it: the fun run (1.41 run, 5K, and 10K) It is so much fun! One of my running goals (which I should actually write down instead of store all in my head), is to break the 10K course record but it's a toughie.
In case you were wondering, my foot feels fantastic and I'm super glad and RELIEVED to be back into the running world. Key word: HAPPY!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My cousin texted me today and asked me if I would want to do the Color Run today and I was so excited that she brought that up! I have heard so much about this run and always wanted to get a team together to do it and she was right on it...we're called "Pretty in Color". It took us a little while to think of running team names but we got it. Our other choice we were going to use was "Dyed On The Run", but that's pretty popular and it was taken. Plus, "Pretty in Color" sounds so much more girlish and pretty..after all, it's like 6 of us gals running it:) I cannot wait!


To See All the Cities where the Color Run  is coming to AND to register click HERE!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would you rather run when freezing cold or scorching hot?
Scorching hot. I just can't get over the fact that I could get FROST bite out running if I don't have enough gear on. That's why the treadmill comes to the rescue when it's too cold.
Are you good at thinking of good running team names?
Nooooo! I think I think too hard when it comes to finding a good name :)
Do you have any favorite road runs during the summer?
I'm pretty sure that I love all road runs. They are my favorite.  

No comments:

Post a Comment