Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Inspiration from a soccer player.

I found this on the internet today (via Facebook) and HAD to share with you:

Alex Morgan is a pro soccer player for the US Women's National Team and in the Women's Pro League. I guess she tore her ACL her SENIOR year of high school, but still came through it, and now she is on the National Team today. Her advice was: "“Believe in yourself—if you think that you will continue improving, colleges will wait for you.”

I am so in love with that quote. There are times in anything, besides running, where I don't truly believe in myself. A lot of times it IS running and I don't believe I can run a certain pace or go up that certain hill. There ARE days when I know I can, but there are those days when I ask myself if I can do it, and I know those are the true runs that count. If you can get past the feeling of doubt and come to the finish line with a great sense of accomplishment, you've made so much progress. Don't let doubt be your first thought. Let confidence be. 

This quote also speaks volumes to me with my stress fracture. It's healed now and I thank God every day for it. I still believe in myself and I hope and pray I will continue improving my two years of High School. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's workout was 2.5 miles on the treadmill and like a 10 mile bike ride. (I think it was 10 miles!) Later, I'll be doing Jullian Micheal's Week 2. It's a killer. But I have confidence I'll make it:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
What is your favorite inspiration quote?
My all time favorite running quote is: "Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way. Run often and run long, but never outrun your joy of running."
Julie Isphording, Marathon winner

What other blogs do you read?
I love Hungry Runner Girl, she is HILIAROUS! I also read Iowa Girl Eats for good and clean recipes.
And my friend Beth created a blog HERE! Check it out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment