Monday, July 9, 2012

Fun (and burnt) in the sun!

Being sunburnt hurts, obviously. I've been getting so burnt and I got more burnt last week from the way out of control hot temps, then over the weekend I forgot to reapply sunscreen so I got a tad burnt at Okoboji boating, and today I forgot to put sunscreen on. My brother informed me today I look like a sizzled hot dog burning on a grill. Thanks Bro. Love you too.

But, seriously, the boys I babysit for every day in the week loved the pool I took them to today! In our hometown we have a pool but we go there every single day (pretty much) so I was looking for a little something different for them. They were pretty overly excited about these slides, and I must admit, I was too. But they drop STRAIGHT down and I could only manage to go on them three times and I was done. THEY WERE SCARY and I am truly a weeny!!!!!



But we played on some other slides and I could down those. Also they had those little stepping stones with the rope to hang on above your head and it is your goal to get across and I did. BAM!


They had so much fun and aren't they the cutest?!?!?!?!?!

And if this isn't random, I don't know what is, but here are what my toes look like. This is what running mileage does to ya.



Bruised toenail with a hold drilled into from my Uncle. He thought that if he drilled a hole into it would release the pressure and the blood would come out. No. Now I just walk around with a hole drilled into my toenail. My second toe (you really can't see) but it is like a super thick toenail and looks like I have a fungi or something but I promise I really don't! And my third toenail is gone. It turned black and fell off. And please note that this was my foot with a stress fracture. Hmmm.

Anyways, it was a beautiful summer day here! So thankful!


For my run this morning I clocked in 3 miles around the hilly gravel roads around here. It felt good and surprisingly I did not take my watch and I felt like I did so much better without it. I also did two sprints up and down my long driveway and foam rolled. Workout one completed. In a little bit, I will be doing Jullian Micheal's Ripped in 30. Week 2 really is HARD!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a Today Show fan (a big fan) and I was wondering what you guys thought of Savannah Guthrie being the new co-host with Matt Lauer?

Are your toes messed up too? (Even if it's not from running)

Tell me about your run today!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment