Sunday, July 22, 2012

Good Run and A Really Hard Decision

So, today's run was pretty awesome. I ran 2.3 miles around town around 6:30 pace and did 3 sprints up a hill at sprinting pace. My awesome watch comes in handy all the time with my runs. Love it.


Then, I came back to the gym and cranked out 3 miles on the treadmill. I'm thinking my legs are getting back to speed more and more and I'm liking it. I also had the dilemna today whether to sign up for a 5K or 10K at a local race here in town. I surprised myself and signed up for the 5K! Covering 3 miles sounded a lot better to me than 6 and just coming off from injury I decided to be smart:) PLUS. Cross Country Distance here is only 2.5 miles so I really don't need to train for longer races, that doesn't help me much. Even though my favorite distance is a half-marathon. Yeah, I know, I'm weird for a high schooler. Get over it. My goal someday is to run a full marathon and I can't wait until that day.

I think though I do have a couple things in common with a normal high schooler, and one is this.. the horrible, unorganized mess I make when getting ready in the gym shower-room:


A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What was your workout today?

What did everyone have for lunch?
I had this awesome pasta salad and a lettuce salad. Sounds boring but they were both delish.

Do you have a sports watch when you run?

What have you done lately to keep yourself from getting INJURED?
I've been paying closer attention to my diet to make sure I get dairy in there and I'm going to foam roll in a little bit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment