Thursday, August 9, 2012

What a great day!

 post written by Megan on Wednesday night @ 10:40 PM (schedules at 8AM the next morning)

If you are ever feeling like you are in a training rut and you run/train by yourself, I will encourage you to get out and train with other people. And even train with people faster than you. Yeah, you may think it sounds hard and intimating, but it makes you so much more excited when you get finished with a workout with fast people. There's my tip for the day! I am serious. Get out there! It is so much more fun!

Take Shalane and Kara for example. Kara was so nervous about training with Shalane and her coach and Shalane even texted Kara and told her how crazy she was not joining a team that was going to make her a better runner. It was so stupid and didn't make sense. I think as runners we hit this roadblock it our careers and question if we can even run with faster people and let ourselves plateau. You'll get better by going out there and challenging yourself--and when something new comes you'll be so much more excited. Kara has been hitting great races and has been training great with Shalane...and I think Kara really never thought she couldn't train with her and do her workouts but she does and you know what? It's simple- get out there and do it!

In other awesome news in my life, the babysitting boys and I had a little too fun today messing around with Photobooth:



Seriously, high bonding time. I'd recommend it to any mom or babysitter. I'm going to miss these boys. I only have 4 more days with them, tear.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your FAVORITE thing about summer?
I'd say being tan and running late at night to avoid the heat. And babysitting!

How many miles are you running per week currently?
Looking at my log, it looks like I'll be hitting 30.

Do you train in a running group or by yourself? Which do you like better?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment