Monday, July 16, 2012

Running Rule #3: Be prepared to challenge yourself.

This morning I got a quality tempo run in and that was 3 miles @ 7:30 mile pace, 7:00 mile pace, and then I bumped it down for the last mile at 6:19 pace. You know, I am a very 100 percent girl (that makes NO sense) but I can stay at one pace for ever on end but after my injury I have been itching to get FASTER. And having two months off my speed isn't quite in the best condition, but now it's starting to get back up there and today was one of those runs that made me SO HAPPY that I DID IT!

And that is something I always think about to myself as a runner. It is always easier to go out and run SLOW and LONG. I love that. I love going on long runs because it relaxes me but it really doesn't challenge me all that much. BUT---when I'm on a 3 mile hard tempo and I'm done with my lungs burning I know it challenges my body and that is where change happens girls!! So I do believe that is Running Rule #3: Be prepared to challenge yourself.

 In the above picture I wasn't challenging myself really. I was warming up to race. But still. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know what I have ALL of my heart set on right now:


A 16GB Iphone 4. Please Mom?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever wondered what your blogger's voice sound like? Do you imagine their voice when you're reading their blogs?
-This may be sort of a creepish question! SORRY! But, I totally do!! And my voice is high and I talk very fast. So if you guessed right, go give yourself a....cookie!

Please don't tell me you have an Iphone too. I'm jealous. :) Just kidding-tell me everything about it!!!!
 -But once again, don't make me too jealous. Ha.

What was your favorite thing you ate today?
-I'd say the noodles I made for my babysitting kids today. Noodles/pasta are AMAZING at any rate!



No comments:

Post a Comment