Saturday, June 16, 2012

10 More Days

I have 10 more days until my boot comes off from this fracture and I couldn't be MORE EXCITED!!

TEN.MORE.DAYS.

Just think about it! 10 More days isn't that long and I pray it will fly by. At the last check up, the doctor told me he would hopefully give me the clear to go out and run. Is it sad that I already have planned what I will do for a run?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have a training calendar planned out for the REST of the summer with, please do not worry, with plenty of rest days and plenty of great training that I cannot wait to sink my legs into and I cannot wait. The last two months of no running has really flew by, but it makes me feel like a different person and I hate that feeling. Running is just me. It's hard to describe- and some days I liked the freedom of not charging my watch, recording my runs, and being sore, but those days were sparse. I miss running with all of my heart and I cannot wait until TUESDAY the 26th!

I'll be free, folks. For good. (OKAY, LET'S KNOCK ON WOOD THERE) I know my body. I know that running 50 miles a week will not make me a better runner. But I DO know that my love for running should always be respected and not beat up. I should not challenge myself to see how many miles a day I can fit in- this will NOT make me a better runner. It will make me a beat-up runner. I have strived way better on low mileage and despite reading what every other runner in America does- I can strive and run my track, cross country, 5ks, 10ks, and half-marathon races on 25-30 miles a week.

I'm happy with the runner I am and it is NOT about any runner I read about. I'm making the future of me, and what works for me, will work for me.

You learn a lot about yourself when you're a runner!

*********************************************************************************
~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment